CONTRACT MANUFACTURING AND DEVELOPMENT
Contract Fabrication and Innovative Materials Development
Send Us Your Toughest Challenge
Shawmut is a world leader in innovative materials for medical fabric and medical device applications. We specialize in non-woven, woven, knit, and laminated advanced materials for a wide variety of medical fabrics, apparel and gowns, and medical equipment and devices.
In addition to materials development, we can take on your fabrication or assembly project in-house and on-shore, saving critical time and supply chain frustrations.
We bring contract manufacturing capabilities from design through packaging to assist our customers by providing components, semi-finished or finished products.
Contract Fabrication Challenges We Solve
Are you ready to upgrade or reshore your medical component or device manufacturing?
- Collaborative process with customer designers and product teams
- Ability for the product or material to tell the customer’s story
- Product development engineering
- Small scale R&D production capabilities
- Certified materials testing labs
- Sustainable solutions and recyclability
- Environmental cycle testing
- Precision color matching
- Re-shoring of material and device development
- Re-shoring of manufacturing and assembly
- North America supply chain of raw materials
- Lower freight and transportation costs
- Rapid response supply chain timeline
- Small-scale development and prototyping runs
- In-house certified testing labs
- Over a century of advanced materials expertise
- Moisture and UV barrier
- Controlled breathability and/or moisture vapor transfer
- Elasticity, controlled elongation and stretch for supreme adaptability
- ASTM 1670/1671 for blood and blood-borne pathogen protection
- Thin barrier film expertise
- Durable protective properties through the rigors of numerous launderings and critical end-use applications
- Drapability for comfort and appearance
- Sustainable production
Medical Device Manufacturing Capabilities
Device Manufacturing Featured
Looking for domestic solutions to your medical device production?
Consulting and Contract Fabrication
Consulting and Contract Manufacturing
Our extensive knowledge across the full spectrum of laminated solution technologies gives us the experience to diagnose and address the parameters surrounding the new product development process. Moreover, we can quickly design and build custom solutions and equipment to address unique needs using small-scale rapid prototype development in our testing labs and prototyping labs.
Once we’ve helped you develop the product of your vision, we can assist you with a wide range of manufacturing services from component assembly, semi-finished product ready to go into your final assembly, to finished and packaged product ready for your distribution chain.
Reshoring of Supply Chain
Reshoring of Supply Chain
Although we are a global company across three major continents, we have the majority of our production facilities in the United States and North America. If you are looking to reduce your dependence on distant factories, long transportation voyages, port delays and high transportation costs, we’re here to help.
We have North American facilities dedicated to medical device component materials and assembly production. And we have developed a supply chain based on local and trusted sources that have been vetted over years of integration into our production.
Shorter supply chain, longer trust.
Custom Materials Design
Custom Materials Design
Our customers succeed when their products tell a rich and compelling story to the market. Shawmut materials combine functionality with design to help tell that story.
By reputation, people think about us whenever they are looking for a solution to a complex materials problem. We create materials that don’t exist today, to create a better tomorrow for our customers and their customers.
We understand evolving technology and design trends. We work closely with our customers to translate those insights into custom materials with the appearance, texture, and functionality that supports our customer’s design vision.
Whether it’s a moldable, recyclable vegan suede with the perfect texture and a custom surface embossing, or a breathable, autoclavable viral barrier with a sleek technical look, Shawmut brings complex design visions to life.
Yes, we’re really good at creating advanced composite materials and laminates, but we have developed a broad range of complimentary value-added product development processes to provide a product to you in a state that is enhanced beyond the traditional laminate.
These advanced process technologies can be leveraged for use around the world and include the following, among others:
- Materials sourcing
- Computer-aided design
- Die cutting
- RF welding
- Ultrasonic welding
- Silicone coating
- C – folding